[Samba] [[ Samba-3.0.4 (compiled) does not load printers - SOLVED ]]

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Mon Jul 19 14:46:54 GMT 2004

Hi,

Michael Lueck

    I'm answering my 'own' question just be recorded
at mail list archives, so it remains in the public
domain. :)

:: Felipe van de Wiel wrote:

::   The problem:
::       The authentication system! I don't know if
:: I'm missing something, but I can't put the packaged
:: samba (from Debian) to work with my PDC.

    It is not the problem! :) When the printer was added
in the Win Client, a Access Denied message appears, so I
thought the problem was the 'auth system'. In fact it it
related but, when using drivers in the client not in the
server, the smb.conf must have a 'use client driver = yes'.

    Problem solved, many thanks to Michael Lueck that
help me to discover what is going on! With this 'we'
also avoid a new 'Win98' on the network! :)

::    If I use the __same__ smb.conf from packaged samba,
:: start the version 3.0.4 and running smbclient -L
:: localhost, the printers doesn't appear.

    The problem is the CUPS-api integration and the libs,
just a little bit of patience and the share will appear.

::    Here is the point. I don't know if it is an issue
:: related with the libcups, or the samba compilation, I
:: don't know. I'm looking for ideas, documents, references,
:: people that face similar problems.

    Issue is related with a missing parameter (look above),
just it! :)

    Best regards,

// Felipe