[Samba] [[ LDAP - PDC/BDC Strategy ]]

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Mon Jul 19 13:30:01 GMT 2004

Hi people,

    I have a samba 3.0.0-beta2 running as a PDC with LDAP.
Now we are ready to move on and migrate to 3.0.4 (maybe
3.0.5). The point is that we would like to use a PDC/BDC
Strategy and looking at documentation one of the best
alternatives is use LDAP idmap backed, with this the SIDs
must be inside the LDAP user accounts.

    As a carefully admin, I would like to know what are the
possible fields in LDAP, and which ones are required, which
ones are suggested and which ones are optional.

    In the body of the messa I attached the result of a
$($ ldapsearch -x uid=felipe), I will really appreciate if
anybody could send me an example, links or references to
the ldap attributes, where I can find if the field is
required or not.

    If I could get a ldiff that somebody already implemented
and are using in a PDC/BDC strategy, it will really help me.

    Best regards,

$ ldapsearch -x uid=felipe
dn: uid=felipe,ou=People,dc=mycompany,dc=org
acctFlags: [UX         ]
deliveryMode: normal
gidNumber: 9000
loginShell: /bin/bash
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: qmailUser
objectClass: sambaAccount
primaryGroupID: 19001
qmailGID: 9000
shadowLastChange: 12251
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
cn: FELIPE AUGUSTO VAN DE WIEL
displayName: FELIPE AUGUSTO VAN DE WIEL
gecos: FELIPE AUGUSTO VAN DE WIEL,CTI
homeDirectory: /home/felipe/
mail: felipe at paranacidade.org.br
mailMessageStore: /var/qmail/maildirs/felipe/
qmailUID: 9016
rid: 19032
uid: felipe
uidNumber: 9016