[Samba] RE: Can I get the GPL source for the Samba version used in the Gu ardian OS?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Jul 16 18:33:16 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:07:00AM -0700, Tom Dickson wrote:
> Then you are in violation of section 3 of the GPL as printed at
> http://oss.snapappliance.com/license.html
>
> Samba is licensed under the GPL, and the version in SNAP is modified. I'd
> like the modifications.
>
> The modifications available at oss.snapappliance.com are old.
>
> -Tom
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > I am terribly sorry but this is Confidential information that cannot be
> > distributed outside of Snap appliances.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rodney

In the words of the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy...
Don't panic :-).

Rodney is incorrect - SNAP do make source available. Marc Kaplan
who is an engineer at SNAP is a member of the Samba Team, so
we will get this sorted out without upset :-).

Give them a short break, they just got bought by Adaptec (which
I think is really cool btw and should mean more resources for
Samba !) so they may be a little slower to respond than you'd
like, but you will definately get the source code.

Jeremy.