[Samba] Building samba 3 with iPlanet DS5

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Jul 16 14:46:57 GMT 2004

J. A. Landamore wrote:

>We run Sun/iPlanet DS5 for our LDAP service.  Has anyone built Samba3.0.4 on
>SPARC using DS5 rather than OpenLDAP?  Running ./configure gives
>
>configure: WARNING: ldap.h: present but cannot be compiled
>configure: WARNING: ldap.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
>
>and also
>
>configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
>
>whilst libldap.so is there in /usr/lib
>
>Any hints?

I believe you need to build it against the openldap libraries, but then
you can point it against any LDAP server you wish once it's built.  Of
course I haven't tried that, but it seems to be the consensus I've found.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254