[Samba] Samba performance/stability issue...

Marcello Melfi m_melfi at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 16 01:01:05 GMT 2004

Hi Jeremy,

I have added the parameters

	case sensitive = yes
	preserve case = no
	short preserve case = no
	default case = lower

to the smb.conf file and everything seems ok now, as far as performance
goes.

However, the created files on the share are still in uppercase... I though
that these settings were to stop the lookup and, as a consequence of the
default case setting, to have all newly created files in lower case. Any
idea?

Bye,

Marcello