[Samba] 'net rpc join -U Administrator' on Samba + LDAP PDC

abebe lsslp peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 22:10:05 GMT 2004

Hey again Craig,

Considering your last comment about the problem over
Pdbedit -Lv 'testuser,' I decided to start fresh. I
paid close attention to what you have pointed out on
my new installation.It took me only 1:30 to get to
where I am at right now. I don't recieve the object
class error anymore. However, I am where I
started....joining the domain. I will go over the
samba (10) and ldap (256) log files and let you know
the results tommorow afternoon.

'pdbedit -Lv 'testuser1' is working now. so the
problem  can not be the luck of samba's ability to get
user information from ldap backend (highly unlikely).
Oh well, I guess I have a lot of reading to do before
tommorow afternoon :)

Talk to you later,

Ambex

Ps: Even though I know it is not very helpful, here is
the error message :)

The following error occured attempting to join the
domain "AGUILAS":
the user name could not be found.