[Samba] RE: SWAT works with Webmin but not via localhost:901

Robert Robinson REROBINSON at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Jul 15 17:41:23 GMT 2004

Anyone have any idea where to start with this?

I have tried everything that I know of.

I have reviewed the services file and the swat file in xinetd.d a tun of times.  It appears, via netstat that swat is listening on port 901.

However when I attempt to access it via the Mozilla browser on my Fedora server (with 127.0.0.1:901 or localhost:901) nothing happens.  It just sits there.

However, if I access it via webmin (which has swat stored elseware) it works fine.

Any thoughts?

ROB