[Samba] roaming and local profiles on same domain

Richard Hall r.j.hall at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 17:31:18 GMT 2004

I have samba 3 configured and running fine as a PDC with LDAP as the
back end user database.   I have most users using roaming profiles but
there are a few I would like to be able to only have local profiles.
Is it possible to configure samba to use both types of  profile rather
than one or the other.   I have the profile path set on each user
account in LDAP as the field  "sambaProfilePath" and I have tried
removing the "logon path" directive from the smb.conf file.   If I
remove the sambaProfilePath entry from a user record then their profile
still gets saved to the profile directory under what I assume is the
default "logon path" setting.   If I set   "logon path =" with no value
on the right of = then this breaks all the roaming profiles and it seems
to ignore the "sambaProfilePath" set on the individual accounts.   I
gather there is a reg setting that I can use on each windows machine to
tell it to ignore roaming profiles, but I would like to do it on a per
user rather than per machine basis.

Does anyone know of a way round this?

Thanks
Rich