[Samba] Active Directory authentication caching?

Netwerk OW netwerk.ow at ha.be
Thu Jul 15 14:02:08 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a Windows file gateway with Samba.
Target is that every user has a personal share on the Samba-server, which contains folders that are mounted to the other server shares (all depending on their group membership).
At this point, I'm able to authenticate against the PDC, show the user his personal folder and mount-points. But I can't mount yet.

Reason: The 'preexec' script should mount all shares with smbmount. Sadly, smbmount requires to enter the password (again) for each connection. Scince the script runs with the users privileges, I was wondering if there is a possibility to use the cached authentication that the user used to connect to the Samba server.

Is that possible?

Regards,
Toni Van Remortel