[Samba] Re: Enum printers slow in general... -> Re: 6 second delay for File / Print dialog to come up

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Jul 15 00:00:42 GMT 2004

Tom Skeren wrote:

> Yeah, when I upgraded from NT4 to 2000 Server, it mangled the Server
> name and DNS couldn't find it, so clients had to time out before trying
> another method of getting to the server.

I have double checked the host and pointer records in DNS for the server, found some minor things to clean up. DNS runs on a Windows 2000 box for now, so for a small network the GUI and F5 key come in
handy to clean thing up. Restarted Samba tasks, rebooted clients, still have the 7 second delay from pressing print on the file menu.

I could flip back to NT4 style printing using Port names, I know that was running faster than this. I might test that on one box to see if indeed it seems to be an issue with the NT5 spoolless style
printers.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems