[Samba] Samba-W3K-ADS

Ben Schmaus BSchmaus at chronimed.com
Wed Jul 14 13:18:48 GMT 2004

Versions:

OS: Redhat ES Linux 3.0
Windows OS: Windows 2003 & Active Directory
Samba: samba-3.0.5rc1-2_rh9.i386.rpm
Kerberos: krb5-1.3.4-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar
Using Windbind: Yes

Objective:

Allow Samba/Linux server to authenticate off of active directory to access
Samba shares.

Problem:

I can get to some shares, but not to the user home shares.  When trying to
access a user home share I get prompted for a password even though I have
already connected to other shares with the same user name.  And even if I
enter the username and password, access is denied.  I am currently trying
this by doing a 'net use * \\ip address\home share'.

Smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = DOMAIN
netbios name = RCRH03