[Samba] Samba performance/stability issue...

Marcello Melfi m_melfi at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 14 03:06:28 GMT 2004

Hi Jeremy,

The C++ application was for testing purposes only. However, the real
application we are using is a commercial package for which I do not have any
control. In real life, that application will run on a few windows
workstations and should export about 3000 to 4000 files per workstation. We
were planning to have one directory per worstation within the samba share.
Can't do it otherwise...

Regardless of the above, why is it that sometimes I get very good results
and many other times bad ones? I would expect that this case-insensitive
thing be consistent and therefore always generates bad results. Do you have
an explanation for this behavior!

In any case, is there a way to stop this lookup? For example, always use
uppercase or something like that...

Note: I really appreciate you for taking the time to respond!

Bye,

Marcello