[Samba] time server.

Alex Satrapa alex.satrapa at anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 23:21:02 GMT 2004

On 14 Jul 2004, at 08:44, henrique paiva wrote:

> I made something that i realy don't know if it's a good idea. I just
> put
> ~ a bat file in the startmenu/startup. wich the content is :
> net time \\server /set /yes
>
> it's working fine. but, is it a good idea ? or is better use the
> [netlogon] way?

The advantage of having the logon script in the netlogon share is that
if you want to make a change to it sometime, you edit it in one place.
Using the netlogon share makes maintenance much easier.

With the script installed in 5 users' accounts, you'd have at least 5
places to edit the script.

Just set up the netlogon share, copy the logon.bat to that share, set
the logon script parameter, and relax :)

Alex