[Samba] Odd "Access Denied" which does not get logged even at log level 100

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jul 13 19:58:35 GMT 2004

I'm still working on this Access Denied with CUPS, etc... I have a little command line utility written which uses the AddPrinterA function of WinSpool.drv to add a printer instance for a driver which
has already been installed on the system.

If I add the port to the UNC of the printer and restart the spooler task I no longer get the Access Denied error.

However, trying to have AddPrinterA do the entire job returns an Access Denied, I was thinking from SMB. But I have cranked up the server logging to 100 and do not catch a think when I run the
utility, nadda!

Simply adding the ports and restarting the spooler before AddPrinterA is a lot better than the extent I have had to code to... AddPrinterA to LPT1: and then hack the settings of each printer... yuck!

Am I appraoching time for a sniffer to debug this one, or should I set additional logging somehow?

Also, when I add the port and successfully then use AddPrinterA, I do not get anything in the log for porinting a printer at the network printer. So, error or successful, nothing logged at log level 100.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems