[Samba] Problem with Authnication from NT

prasad vaisreddy critical path prasad.vasireddy at criticalpath.net
Tue Jul 13 19:24:20 GMT 2004

Hi Samba Guru's...

  I have a problem connecting from a windows NT workstation to Samba server. It is working fine for Windows XP and Windows 2000. Samba not logging any information about that Windows NT m/c. Here i am giving the smb.conf file. Please try to help me to work it for Win NT also.

Here is my Configuration file.

Thanks in advance for any help.
# Global Parameters

[global]

netbios name = avengr03

workgroup = avengr03

map to guest = Bad User

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*sucessfully*

# Debug Logging Information

Log Level = 2

max log size = 1000

# log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log.%m

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY

wins support = yes

# Networking configuration Options

Hosts Allow = *.*.*.*

[Proj1]