[Samba] Permissions problem...I must be overlooking *somethin g*...

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Tue Jul 13 15:56:14 GMT 2004

Yes, I know.  I originally only had writable = yes, but I added the other
out of frustration with Samba insisting the share is read-only.

> Anyway, onto my suggestion.  Have you restarted samba since
> you made the
> share writeable?

Yes, I sent the HUP signal to the daemon to tell it to re-load its
configuration file.

> Also, if you're forcing group "INTERCLEAN+Domain Admins" and setting
> "valid users" to the same, won't everyone be able to write to
> the share
> as a domain admin?

Would they?  I figured only Domain Admins would be allowed to access the
share at all, then the "force group" would take effect after that.  I took
the "force group" line out, but it made no difference, I still can't create
any files.