[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 ACL problem

Umberto Zanatta uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it
Tue Jul 13 13:59:35 GMT 2004

Did you have installed samba + ldap?

It isn't strange; 'cos samba maps groups and users from Windows to Unix.

«root», it will map to uid = 0 and gid = 0; because user is unix
administrator himself!

You should try samba + ldap and do a difference uid from users
Administrator and root (uid), so
you'll haven't problem anymore.

"""
some people (me too, sic!) built administrator (into ldap) with uid=0
and gid=512 (ldap) and
root with uid=0 and gid =0 (into passwd).
The administrator should have SID: S-xxxx-500 (root isn't a windows
user), but if uid=0, It will be root and no administrator!
Samba's working fine, but you need to use the groups «Administrators» or
«Domain Admins»
to modify acl.
"""

Don't worry about; because you should do 'setfacl' and modify the
default mode, groups and
users will have right access, even if «root» create the file.

Il mar, 2004-07-13 alle 15:22, Christophe SUIRE ha scritto:

> Ok it works !!
> Thanks a lot !
> Permissions are set correctly but i steel have a strange thing ..
> User which are "Domains admins" like root, when they create a new file,
> it's own by root.

Umberto Zanatta
linuxDidattica

tel: +39 (335) 54 71 385