[Samba] Samba-3.0.x: Strange problems with roaming profiles

Erlend Aasland erlend-a at ux.his.no
Tue Jul 13 11:04:37 GMT 2004

Hello

I've got some strange problems with Samba-3.0.4. When using roaming
profiles, keyboard layout is set to english (instead of norwegian) and a
lot of programs wont load correctly. Setting log level = 3 revealed a
lot of errors after the netlogon-script had executed (and all shares
correctly set up). I switched to log level = 10 to get a more detailed
view of these errors (show below). Most of the errors were for a lot of
*.com, *.exe or *.dll files. There were multiple error for desktop.ini
and wdmaud.drv. I've attached my previous post (to samba at lists.samba.org)
below.

I can provide more logs if needed. In the meantime I'll keep browsing
the logs.

Erlend Aasland

--- begin log --
change_to_user uid=(0,0) gid=(0,200)
vfs_ChDir to /home/erlend-a
call_trans2qfilepathinfo: TRANSACT2_QPATHINFO: level = 1004
unix_convert called on file "SETUPAPI.DLL"
stat_cache_lookup: lookup failed for name [SETUPAPI.DLL]
unix_convert begin: name = SETUPAPI.DLL, dirpath = , start =
SETUPAPI.DLL
is_mangled SETUPAPI.DLL ?
is_mangled_component SETUPAPI.DLL (len 12) ?
is_mangled SETUPAPI.DLL ?
is_mangled_component SETUPAPI.DLL (len 12) ?
is_in_path: src
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .bash_history
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: PUTTY.RND
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .ssh
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .viminfo
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .tcshrc
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: wordlist
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .links
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: shares
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: log
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: snmp
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: snmp-manager
is_in_path: no name list.
is_in_path: .DS_Store
is_in_path: no name list.
is_mangled SETUPAPI.DLL ?
is_mangled_component SETUPAPI.DLL (len 12) ?
New file SETUPAPI.DLL
is_in_path: SETUPAPI.DLL
is_in_path: no name list.
call_trans2qfilepathinfo: SMB_VFS_STAT of SETUPAPI.DLL failed
(No such file or directory)
set_bad_path_error: err = 2 bad_path = 0
error string = No such file or directory
error packet at smbd/trans2.c(2219) cmd=50 (SMBtrans2)
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
size=35