[Samba] (no subject)

Hendrik Pieper hendrik_pieper at Saueressig.de
Tue Jul 13 10:58:24 GMT 2004

Hello !

I have problem using run kinit (kerberos) on Solaris client against
Windows2003 for auth a Samba-Share. When I use the command 'kinit
username at domain.local' I keep getting a 'kinit: KDC reply did not match
expectations while getting initial credentials' error message. I know that
I am getting connected and that the password is correct and received by
the Windows 2003 Server because I get different error messages when that
happens.

# kinit username
Password for username at domain.local:
kinit: KDC reply did not match expectations while getting initial
credentials

#####
krb5.conf

[libdefaults]
default_realm = domain.local
default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5
default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5

[realms]
domain.local = {
kdc = srv100.domain.local
admin_server = srv100.domain.local
default_domain = domain.local
}

[domain_realm]
.domain.local = domain.local

[logging]
default = FILE:/var/krb5/kdc.log
kdc = FILE:/var/krb5/kdc.log
kdc_rotate = {

# How often to rotate kdc.log. Logs will get rotated no more
# often than the period, and less often if the KDC is not used
# frequently.

period = 1d

# how many versions of kdc.log to keep around (kdc.log.0, kdc.log.1, ...)

versions = 10
}

[appdefaults]
kinit = {