[Samba] TDB problems

Christoph Klein christophk at cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jul 12 17:14:07 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm using ssamba as an windows 2003 ad member server for sharing printers.
Most of the time it works well, but sometimes strange problems occur
concerning the driver settings (i.e Advanced->Driver Settings). The server
forgets all settings and returns all to their default values. In the last week
even the printer driver name was set to an empty string. Through out the day
and since i installed the server there a lot of

[2004/07/12 10:10:03, 0] smbd/connection.c:register_message_flags(220)
  register_message_flags: tdb_fetch failed

errors in my logs. But i didnt pay attention, because it seemed to work. i
read in another usenet post, that the tdbs should be backuped while samba is
down. But our server needs to run 24/7! What can i do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Christoph