[Samba] Re: Samba doesn't ask for a password

Udo udop at hotup.com.br
Mon Jul 12 13:22:19 GMT 2004

Well, well, well... now I'm feeling really stupid! I did _not_ set a
password for the users on the Samba server! This happened because Webmin
has a "Convert Unix users to Samba users" function. I simply thought this
was a "magic" function that would also define the passwords for the Samba
users, but it dons't (and now, as far as I understood, it couldn't even do
that). I now set the passwords and everything is ok.

Thank you very much, Thomas!
udo