[Samba] Some smbd-processes uses 99% CPU and push load to 10

Andreas Grabner a.grabner at bfi-burgenland.at
Mon Jul 12 09:51:14 GMT 2004

Hi all
I have a samba 3.0.2a PDC with OpenLDAP running since some month.
Approximatly once in 2 weeks there is a problem with one smbd-child
process which eats up  all cpu-resources. I have to kill (-2) it by hand
after that all works normal. I can't figure out why.
Today i had the chance to "strace" this process since all "clients" go
for a birthday party. Now i sit here with 500MB of trace and dont know
what to do with it.
Is there a known problem exept those with "nscd" or is anyone who can
help me please.

I can upload all or parts of the trace if necessary.

Thanks
Andreas Grabner

--
BFI Burgenland