[Samba] [BUG] iconv detection in 3.0.5rc1

Jason Mader jason at ncac.gwu.edu
Sun Jul 11 17:33:39 GMT 2004

I've found that the inner loop for iconv detection in a lib32
subdirectory of the LOOK_DIR path doesn't work right.  Here are the
problems I've noticed,

1) configure only tested lib32 on the first directory, /usr, this is
because ICONV_FOUND was set to "yes" on the try of /usr/local/lib and
never reset (if it should be) to "no" because all the conversion tests
were failures.  I've found that by moving,
	ICONV_FOUND="no"
inside the for loop,
	for i in $LOOK_DIRS ; do

permits configure to actually find the good installation of libiconv on
my system under /opt/lib32.

2) I've also noticed that on the second iteration of that loop to try
the lib32 directory that LDFLAGS is set to "-L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib32"
when it should probably only be "-L/usr/lib32".  This is probably a
sign that other variables are not being restored to their saved values.

---Jason Mader, FHWA/NHTSA National Crash Analysis Center,
The George Washington University, VA Campus