[Samba] NTLMv2 Authentication fails on domain member servers

Neal K.Groothuis ngroot-samba at lo-cal.org
Fri Jul 9 21:24:13 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm having some issues with getting NTLMv2 authentication working, and
I thought you might be able to help.  I've got a Windows XP
Pro client machine trying to access shares on a domain member server
running Samba.  (Both the domain member server and the PDC
are running Samba 3.0.4.)  The XP machine is by default configured to
use NTLMv2 for authentication, but that fails when I'm trying to access
shares on the domain member server.  However, it works when I'm
accessing shares on the PDC itself.  Alternatively, this works if I
allow the
XP machine to use NTLM authentication.  Has anyone else run into this
issue and/or have any workarounds for it?  I know that there were
issues previously with using NTLMv2 only with a Samba PDC, but
according to the Changelog, that bug was fixed in 3.0.3.

Thanks!