[Samba] best settings for share with databases

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at skylineaero.com
Fri Jul 9 16:07:44 GMT 2004

I have a Slackware box set up with Samba 2.2.4. One of the shares holds a bunch
of .DAT database (I don't know what kind) files that are used by multiple users
at once with the PCLaw application, and we've been experiencing some minor
corruption. What are the ideal settings for a share with databases like this?
Also, if a newer version handles this kind of thing better, I have no problem
with upgrading to a 3.0.x version. Thanks for any help.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator