[Samba] sambaAcctFlags automatically DUX when logon

Marian Chowanetz mchowanetz at emmixx.de
Fri Jul 9 09:01:57 GMT 2004

hi all,

as I wrote yesterday I've set up a samba3.0.3 as pdc for my w2k-domain with
ldapsam-backend
(cyrus-sasl, heimdal) on suse9.0.
everything worked fine. but yesterday the /dev/sda1 (/homes; xfs file
system) crashed, when I created a new user with smbldap-useradd. I could
repair the xfs file system and everything seemed fine.

to test the system I've created a new user. but the new user cannot logon.
	"error: The system could not log you on..."

I found that the new created user get now by default a sambaAcctFlags DUX
not UX. when I change the flag to UX and try to logon the flag automatically
switches to DUX. so I cannot logon.

How can I solve this problem? only old users can logon.

thanks
marian