AW: [Samba] Re: new user cannot logon

Marian Chowanetz mchowanetz at emmixx.de
Fri Jul 9 07:51:38 GMT 2004

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces+mchowanetz=emmixx.de at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+mchowanetz=emmixx.de at lists.samba.org]Im Auftrag
von Jim C.
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Juli 2004 20:32
An: samba at lists.samba.org
Betreff: [Samba] Re: new user cannot logon

| I've set up a samba3.0.3 as pdc for my w2k-domain with ldapsam-backend
| in the log file I found:
| [2004/07/08 13:08:15, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(219)
|   check_ntlm_password:  Checking password for unmapped user
[]\[]@[ZS1W110]
| with the new password interface
| [2004/07/08 13:08:15, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(222)
|   check_ntlm_password:  mapped user is: [VERBUND]\[]@[ZS1W110]
| does this mean, samba cannot find the user?
| when I do a "pdbedit -Lv" everything seems o.k. and the user can also
logon
| directly on the linux system.

No it probably means that user VERBUND was found and not re-mapped to a
Unix account in /etc/smbusers, so there must be a different problem.

One thing I noticed was that the smbldap-passwd scripts *DO NOT* set the
users windows passwords when you use "smbldap-useradd -a -P" where "-P"
sets only the unix password.  smbldap-passwd on the other hand sets both.

Ans: Try re-setting the users password with smbldap-passwd.

I've already tried this. I've created users with smbldap-useradd and with
the idxldap-accounts-tool in webmin. in both cases I changed the password
and in both cases when I tried to logon on w2k the answer was:
		your account is disabled

well, but it wasn't. with idxldapaccounts I switched the account to disabled
and then re-enabled it but to no avail.

at least the logon procedure knows, that something happened with the
password. but what gives the wrong information about disabled/enabled
account?

thanks in advance

marian

Jim C.
- --

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|