[Samba] Samba Mount ignoring username

Max Kipness max at kipness.com
Fri Jul 9 02:47:55 GMT 2004

Hello -

When trying to create a mount to an XP workstation I continue to get
ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied). When I turned on logging on the XP
workstation I discovered that it's logging a failed login attempt by
ROOT,
and also using the default workgroup name that is entered in the
smb.conf file.
Basically it is ignoring the paremeters that I'm entering with the mount
command. The following command is what I'm using

mount -t smbfs -o user=administrator,password=xxxxxx //10.0.100.72/c$
/sharefolder

This is the local administrator user to the workstation.

Here is what is logging on the XP workstation:

Logon Failure:

Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
Username: ROOT
Domain: mygroup
etc, etc.

Can anyone offer some help on this one? Why is it ignoring my user
statement, I'm I typing it wrong?

Thanks,
Max