[Samba] 3.0.4 Causes Major Problems: Arcserve, Machine Account Ownership

AHBLWEB AHBLWEB at ahbl.ca
Thu Jul 8 19:28:10 GMT 2004

I upgraded Samba from 3.0.0 to 3.0.4 to see if I could resolve an
intermittent file moving problem with our document management system.  Now
the DMS problem is still there but Arcserve can no longer connect and I find
a whole slew of folders owned by my laptop's machine account.

The latter I can manually fix but the former, at least at this point in
time, requires a patch that Jerry has made.   Does anyone have a patched
Samba they can point to or a rebuilt Fedora RPM?

Thanks