[Samba] Restricting file types

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 15:02:50 GMT 2004

Yes, and very useful it is too :-)

In the Globals section I put this to stop all users cluttering up the server
with mp3 files. You can put it in each required share definition rather than
globals though.

veto files = /*.mp3/

basically it starts with a / then file name and type and then ends with /

so,  veto files = /*.bat/*.scr/mike.*/

would stop all bat and scr files, and any file called mike with any ext.

I use SWAT for configuring my Samba shares and the help file explains it
well.

HTH

Mike