[Samba] Re: Net rpc user add and the "-F" flag.

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Jul 8 14:21:37 GMT 2004

Nicolas Costes wrote:

>Hello again...
>Really no one knows about this "-F" flag in "net user add" ?

 From the man page on the net command

[RPC|ADS] USER ADD name [password] [-F user flags] [-C comment]

The -F then would seem to set the flags.  THIS part is not documented
very intuitively, but is available, in the man page for pdbedit

<liberal use of snip>
Possible flags are listed below.

        *

          N: No password required

        *

          D: Account disabled

        *

          H: Home directory required

        *

          T: Temporary duplicate of other account

        *

          U: Regular user account

        *

          M: MNS logon user account

        *

          W: Workstation Trust Account

        *

          S: Server Trust Account

        *

          L: Automatic Locking

        *

          X: Password does not expire

        *

          I: Domain Trust Account

That's where the documentation leads me, although I'm open to alternate
interpretations

>Le mercredi 7 Juillet 2004 17:23, Nicolas Costes a écrit :
>

>>Hello, all !
>>
>>I'm trying to add users to my NT domain from my samba servers (This to
>>create all my accounts with only a single script, I do not want to create
>>them on the PDC, then create their folders on the samba file server with
>>another...)
>>
>>I managed to create account with "net rpc user add", then put them in the
>>right domain group with "net groupmember", but what about the other
>>parameters (User Z drive, profile path, etc...) ?
>>
>>And I tried to give the users a password with the "net rpc user add
>><user> <password>", but it doaesn't work !
>>
>>I think the "-F" flag would help, but it's documented nowhere !
>>Here is the only mail I found related to my problem (Thanks to Google),
>>but it never had any answer...
>>
>>Can you help ?
>>

>>>Joe Mondloch
>>> Tue Sep 9 20:41:22 GMT 2003
>>>
>>>I'm not sure if this functionality fully exists yet or not...
>>>
>>>I would like to be able to create user accounts on a Windows 2000
>>>machine from my Linux host via Samba. I also need to be able to assign
>>>these user accounts to particular groups.
>>>

>>>I've tried:
>>>net rpc user ADD foo -S W2K_SERVER -U Administrator
>>>
>>>This seems to create the user, but the account is disabled and is not a
>>>member of any groups. The 'net rpc user' command takes a number of
>>>other options according to the help, such as '-F user flags'.
>>>Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any documentation about
>>>what those flags are.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any help,
>>>Joe
>>>

>>--
>>   ,,
>>  (°>   Nicolas Costes
>>  /|\   IUT de La Roche / Yon
>> ( ^ )  Clé publique: http://www.keyserver.net/
>>  ^ ^   http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.fr.html
>>

>- --
>   ,,
>  (°>   Nicolas Costes
>  /|\   IUT de La Roche / Yon
> ( ^ )  Clé publique: http://www.keyserver.net/
>  ^ ^   http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.fr.html

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254