[Samba] Re: Setting home path to a dir within a users Linux home dir

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Jul 7 20:55:15 GMT 2004

That is the default. For example though, I've noticed that if I go to the home drive in CMD.EXE and dir, I don't see much, however dir /s/b turs up a whole bunch.

I find it pretty common for people to change their Windows Explorer settings to show hidden files, extensions is a MUST, etc... so then they will start showing up.

Since the default for homes was to put the Windows profile in a profile directory under the home dir, I sort of got the idea of what about putting the windows home in a directory under the Linux home.
If they want to share a file between the two worlds, better put it under there.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems