[Samba] Setting home path to a dir within a users Linux home dir

Jason Boles threepercentmilk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:51:21 GMT 2004

>From windows, you can map share sub-directories as drive letters.
for example -
\\server\username\WinHome gets mapped as H:\

A lay user (the kind who would delete their linux configuration files)
would not likely remap the drive letter to just \\server\username -
though nothing prevents them, security-wise, from doing so.

As for some other trick on the samba server, you'll have to wait for a
reply from someone else on the list....

-Jason