[Samba] Re: Hiding some stuff

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Jul 7 19:26:49 GMT 2004

Mário Gamito wrote:

> Yes, i mean they don't appear in windows file explorer.

But where in Windows Explorer? Under the My Network Places or as a drive letter? If you map them a drive letter, you can't very well hide that. However if you mean under My Network Places then that is
the browsable setting in the smb.conf for each share.

Like someone else said, you could not configure Samba to create home and profile shares. However home dirs are usually where people are suppose to save their documents on the server so they would want
to be able to get there unless that is not your standard.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems