[Samba] Samba amiga-mac

Keith Bowler keith at kbowler.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 08:09:24 GMT 2004

Hi
I have an ethernet link between these two machines.
I can share an internet connection with the mac as the host.
I can ping the amiga from Mac with 100% packets returned.
I can see a link to Amiga in the network window in the launcher on the
Mac.

However when I try to 'connect to server' from the Mac, Genesis on the
Amiga
refuses all connections on port 139. Same thing happens when I try and
launch
the swat interface via the browser on  the Amiga:  access to port 901
denied.

I have tried editing the samba.config file by hand to set up shares on
the amiga.
I have endlessly changed settings both for samba and genesis with no
obvious effect.

If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Bowler