[Samba] Samba 2.2.8.a for Solaris

Majid Chavoshi MajidC at belkin.com
Tue Jul 6 21:54:12 GMT 2004

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed samba2.2.8.a on a sun4u sparc box running Solaris8. The installation process completed w/o errors and I can now confirm that by "$pkginfo -l samba". I can even start and stop samba by "/etc/rc3.d/S99samba.server start" and see that smbd and nmbd processes are running. However, I can not find the "configure" file in the source directory to execute for initial configuration. For that matter I can not even find "source" directory.

I would greatly appreciate a reply with some instructions.

Regards,
Majid Chavoshi
Unix System Administrator

Belkin Corporation
Information Services
310-604-2098 Office
310-604-2022 Fax
310-877-1428 Mobile
MajidC at belkin.com
www.belkin.com

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin Corporation and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.