[Samba] Problems with Samba x CUPS x win98 clients... (Help)

Flávio Henrique flavinhohenrique at terra.com.br
Tue Jul 6 15:37:05 GMT 2004

Hi all!

I'm using Samba 3.0.2a with CUPS serving about 50 win98 clients...
All my printers works fine though samba/cups, but sometimes nobody can
print in a certain netword printer.

I open my CUPS (http://localhost:631) and see the printer stoped (not
always) and always with one of the errors messsages above:

Printer state: Idle, accepting jobs
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds..."

Printer state: Idle, accepting jobs
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds... ERROR:
Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESFUL"

Printer state: Idle, accepting jobs
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds... ERROR:
Connection failed with error NT_STATUS_BAD_DEVICE_TYPE"

Printer state: Idle, accepting jobs
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, will retry in 60 seconds... ERROR:
ERRSVR - ERRerror (Non-especific error code) opening remote file
smbpm_00000604 Without Name1"

And most of cases I need to delete the <printer>.tdb file in
/var/cache/samba/printing to make the printer work again...

Someone can help with this? Why this happens and what can I do to avoid
this ?

I post my smb.conf above too.

Thank you.

Flávio Henrique