[Samba] Re: Win2K Client / Samba 3.0.4 PDC -> Setting Win2K Profile Settings

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jul 6 02:32:16 GMT 2004

Will share what I found yet again... The how-to docs at samba.org came in handy this time...

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/howto/groupmapping.html
Bottom of the page... "Adding Domain Users to the Power Users Group"

The question stated was... "What must I do to add Domain Users to the Power Users group?"
My question exactly. The command line (scriptable, etc...) solution is as follows. Someone (Samba Team) might add it to the page, please.

NET LOCALGROUP "Power Users" "SMB-DOMAIN\Domain Users" /ADD

where SMB-DOMAIN is replaced with the name you gave to your Samba domain in smb.conf

Added to my script and I'm reloading the box to see that all is well now!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems