[Samba] (no subject)

Alfred C. Mahany amahany at covad.net
Mon Jul 5 16:26:12 GMT 2004

Here's the deal:

Two PCs.  One has Fedora 1 with the latest Samba (3.04).  Samba is loaded.
I confirmed that in X.  The computer name is Enterprise and the workgroup
name is Starfleet

The other has XP Pro.

Both are P4s.

I can't get the XP machine to see the Samba machine.  It is also part of
workgroup Starfleet.  Microsoft client for networks is loaded.

I know it can see Enterprise through the router because it can find it when
I load the FTP client.  But it won't see it through network neighborhood.
It look for it because when I do a search for computers, the hard drive on
the Samba machine churns, then the report as to what it finds does not
include Enterprise.  I know I did everything right because I re-checked it
over and over again.

Any ideas?