[Samba] Transfer domain from Windows NT to Samba

Simon Oliver s.oliver at umist.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 09:14:46 GMT 2004

I want to transfer my NT domain from a Windows based server to Samba
(3.0.x).

>From what I've read I need to use rpc vampire to transfer all the accounts
but I've also read (can't remember where) that after the switchover user
profiles no longer work, something to do with the domain SID.

Can anyone shed any light on this?  I bought the Samba 3 book but it has
very little on this.  Any links or advice on transferring a live domain from
NT to Samba would be great.

Regards
--
  Simon Oliver