[Samba] Re: netlogon loop (migrating from 2.2.7 to 3.0.x)

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Sun Jul 4 23:10:28 GMT 2004

| My users can log in, can mount the shares but only if I remove the
| netlogon script.

For future reference, it is a section in your samba configuration file
not a script. ;-)

| I can browse the available shares from windows and linux.
|
| I am using the same netlogon script which is similar to the one found
| in the documentation.

Can you be more specific about which documentation?

| My smb.conf
|  [netlogon]
|    comment = netlogon
|    path = /home1/netlogon
|    guest ok = yes
|    writable = no
|    share modes = no
|    browseable = no

Every working netlogon I've ever seen looked something like this:
Note that this one works for me and, with the exception that I've
modified the path for you, was found at:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/guide/happy.html#ch6-shareconfb

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home1/netlogon
guest ok = Yes
locking = No

My understanding is that you can't have a non-writable netlogon although
it *may* be possible to set "guest ok = No".

| [devel]
|         comment = Development
|         path = /home1/devel
|         valid users = @devel
|         write list = @devel @admin
|         public = no
|         writable = yes
|         printable = no
|         create mask = 0644
|         directory mask = 0755
|         force group = devel
|
| Under /home1/netlogon there is a devel.bat with a single line :
| net use /yes z: \\grecia\homes
|
| grecia is the name of the machine.
|
| Any ideias ?

- --

| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|