[Samba] samba PDC 3.0.4 - windows xp

The Zeidlers zeidlers at telkomsa.net
Sun Jul 4 20:52:59 GMT 2004

I have setup samba as a pdc. I have been successful in getting xp to join the domain but the machine account zebra(xp machine) is added in smbpasswd with all XXX's and the xp machines says the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain controller failed.

I have included my smb.conf :

[global]
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   passwd chat timeout = 10
   ldap ssl = no
   add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd -r %g
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
   add user to group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -a %u %g
   logon drive = H:
   delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d %u %g
   domain master = Yes
   encrypt passwords = yes

   dns proxy = No
   netbios name = dc1
   server string = Koster PDC Test

   logon script = netlogon.bat
   default = homes
   workgroup = ad.bigfive.com
   os level = 62
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -g users -d /dev/null -s /bin/false -m %u

   add machine script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false -M %u

   delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
   max log size = 50
   domain logons = Yes
   logon path =

[netlogon]

    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon

    writable = no

    browsable = no

[profiles]

    ; you might wish to use a different directory for your

    ; Windows NT/2000/XP roaming profiles

    path = /home/samba-ntprof

    browsable = no

    writable = yes