[Samba] Accounts are getting dsiabled

Tilo Lutz TiloLutz at gmx.de
Sat Jul 3 08:15:49 GMT 2004

Hi

> TL> I have a problem with samba 3.0.5pre1.
> TL> Many of my users are disabled by samba
> TL> and I can't find the reason why.

> Hmm, not shure, did you look at the eventlog from your win box ??
> i had something alike, (before 304) and the win log showed that
> the password change was corrupt (was a bug before 304)..

The problem is still there with samba 3.0.5pre1.
Samba disbales some accounts by setting the AcctFlag to "D".
It is also _deleting_ sambaNTPassword and sambaLMPassword in
my ldap database!.
in log.smbd (loglevel 2) I can only find some messages the
password of the disbaled users are wrong, not the password
is disabled.
I can't find any messages why samba has disbaled the accounts
itself.

Any idea how I can track the problem?

Tilo