[Samba] Win XP Samba 3.0.4 Problems (Debian Testing)

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH samba at alienn.net
Fri Jul 2 16:30:58 GMT 2004

Hi list,
I've got two problems regarding Samba 3.0.4 (Debian Woody build
installed on Debian Sarge/Testing).

It is a small Network: one server, three Clients
My problems are:

1. the clients disconnect on an unregular basis their homedrives. Each
client has two shares mounted. One data share and one homes share, but
the last one occasionaly gets disconnected. The logs show nothing about
this. Do you have a clue?

2. After updating from 3.0.2 (Debian Sarge build) the printer properties
cannot be viewed anymore and an exception is thrown. I saw this
behaviour in combination with 3.0.0 and I thought that this should be
fixed by now. Do you have a clue?

Thanks and cheers
Nicki

Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info at link-m.de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                              Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                       Fax 089 / 890 518-77
PGP Keys:                             https://www.link-m.de/pgp/