[Samba] Workaround for Samba 3.0.4 (SuSE 9.1) crash problem?

Joosep-Georg Järvemaa news.gmane.org_spam at nonsense.ee
Fri Jul 2 06:23:25 GMT 2004

Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>:

> > Does anyone know, how to prevent Samba 3.0.4 crashing on Suse 9.1
> > (samba-3.0.4-1.21.i586.rpm, bug #1465)?
>
> This is a crash getting quota information from the system. A decent
> backtrace would help (one with symbols attached) but it appears to
> be a crash within libc, not Samba.

I do not have quota implemented on my system. Samba file area is on the LVM
volume, maybe it crashes because of that?

Any hints welcome, how to produce a decent backtrace. So far I've found
http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/3.0/src/ but have no idea,
how to proceed.

--
Joosep-Georg