[Samba] Kyocera 680 KX and driver uploads failing - anybody have success?

Alex Satrapa alex.satrapa at anu.edu.au
Fri Jul 2 03:58:38 GMT 2004

On 2 Jul 2004, at 12:21, mwestern at sola.com.au wrote:

> ... Kyocera drivers obviously suck and do something weird. ...

> Anybody come across this before?

Yes. I tried installing the drivers for three Kyocera FS 3830N printers
that we've recently acquired. The printers seemed to work fine from
CUPS (test page, printing from Linux and Mac OS X), then from Samba
(again, printing from Mac OS X). So I installed the drivers on one
Windows XP box, again, printing worked fine. But then installed the
drivers to the Samba server to prepare for point-and-print, the drivers
appear on the file system, but Windows XP continually thinks it hasn't
got the drivers for that printer.

So I resorted to using the CUPS generic postscript printer drivers.
Problem solved.

I know this doesn't help, but I hope you can find some comfort in
knowing that someone else is afflicted with the Kyocera curse too ;)

Alex Satrapa