[Samba] Kyocera 680 KX and driver uploads failing - anybody have success?

mwestern at sola.com.au mwestern at sola.com.au
Fri Jul 2 02:21:05 GMT 2004

Hi All,

Just a quick one.   Some turkey has bought a kyocera 680 and we have to set
it up for samba print sharing.   We have about 35 other HP, Lexmark, and
other things working a treat on this server so I know it's all working.

When I try to upload the driver for the kyocera it uploads fine from my
windoze box and everything looks sweet, I apply and I get the extra tabs as
expected for setting papersize etc.

Sadly, when I got to add the printer on both 2k/xp and 9x it says, printer
drivers not installed do you want to install a printer driver.  So I go back
and right click, properties on the driver and it says the same thing, driver
not there, do you want to upload, to which I do 'no' and go and look in the
advanced tab and it's there in the drop down list.

Basically, to cut a long story short, Kyocera drivers obviously suck and do
something weird.   I got around the problem by using a standard HP4 driver
because these kyocera's don't do PS.  Still it would be nice to have the
right driver for that printer.    Anybody come across this before?

Thanks all,

Matthew