[Samba] Samba/win2k ??

Randy S randoms at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 21:04:11 GMT 2004

Usually you can just log the clients in the first time, map a network
drive letter to the share's they want, and check the remember password,
and reconnect at logon options.

That'll do what you want.

The default login name for network shares is the workstation user name.
For this reason I usu try to make the smb user names the same as the
workstation login usernames; keeps it simple. It is, however, easy
enough in 2k and XP to logon to network shares with different user name.

/r