[Samba] .eml files rejected by samba

Laurie Strydom jls at midafrica.com
Thu Jul 1 15:59:10 GMT 2004

Hi List.

I have some weirdness here which I have no idea how to resolve. I have
been runing samba for the las two years on a suse 8.2 box with no
problem at all. Last week I had a file system failure and was forced to
rebuild. Rebuilt using SuSE 9.1 and SAMBA 2.28
When I started restoring data, I noticed that all files with .eml
extensions could not be written to disk.!?!? As an experriment, i
changed the extension to .bml and voila, no prob.
User called me today with exactly that complaint. Trying to save email
in his home dir and samba won't accept .eml file extensions.

I can copy .eml from dir to dir on Linux but not when using samba.
Possible bug???

THnaks

Laurie