[Samba] Samba w/Winbind HA cluster

Marcin Przyczyna mpr at citiworks.de
Thu Jul 1 14:02:14 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 09:30:37AM -0400, alaslavic at havertys.com wrote:
> We are planning to build an HA cluster of samba servers, using winbind to
> authenticate against an Active Directory domain.  The problem I see with
> this, is that the Winbind uid mappings will not necessarily be the same on
> both nodes in the HA cluster.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
> get the winbind uid and gid mappings to match on 2 separate servers?

Place /usr/lib/samba (or your directory with *.tdb files)
on a shared device and switched together with the rest of ha-resources.

By the way, this could cause some problems if your binaries
are placed in the same directory as *.tdb databases, as for example SuSE
does.

Anyway, You has been warned :-)

Cheers,
mpr.